CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card for Students
Get $30 cash back after you make your first purchase within the first 4 months!†
- No minimum income requirement
- 2% cash back on groceries
- Up to 1% cash back on on everyday purchases like gas, transportation, dining, recurring payments, books, movies, food delivery, and more
- 0.5% cash back on everything else
- Earn maximum rewards; no limit on the total cash back you can earn
- Redeem when you want
- $100,000 Common Carrier Accident Insurance
- Purchase Security and Extended Protection Insurance
- Double the manufacturer's original warranty up to one year on most of your purchases
- Optional CIBC Payment Protector Insurance for Credit Cards available
- Get a free SPC+ membership‡ with this credit card
- Save up to 10 cents per litre at participating Pioneer, Fas Gas, Ultramar and Chevron gas stations when you link your card with Journie Rewards
- Send money abroad; there are no transaction fees and you won’t be charged interest as long as you pay your balance by the payment due date*
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- $0 for up to 3 additional cards
- $21.99 for Quebec residents
- $21.99 for Quebec residents
† You can qualify for this offer if you apply and are approved for a new CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card for Students beginning October 1, 2022. If you apply and are approved for a new CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card for Students, you will receive a one-time $30 cash back on your first purchase made within the first 4 monthly statement periods. Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card for Students are excluded. This offer is not transferable. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. For this offer, the following do not qualify as purchases: cash advances, CIBC Global Money Transfers™, interest, fees, balance transfers, payments or CIBC Convenience Cheques.
‡ To be eligible for a free SPC membership, you must hold an eligible CIBC product at the time you register for the membership, which you must do through CIBC online or mobile banking. Eligible CIBC products include a CIBC Youth or Student bank account, Student credit card or Student line of credit. A complete list of eligible CIBC products can be found at SPC and CIBC. Joint account holders of eligible CIBC products are not eligible for membership. You must also be a legal resident of Canada who is fourteen (14) years of age or over, but under the age of thirty (30) years if the eligible CIBC product you use to qualify for the membership is a student line of credit. The membership will automatically renew and remain in effect for as long as you hold an eligible CIBC product. Trade-mark/registered trade-mark of Student Price Card Ltd.
*See site for details.
Last updated 10/14/2022. Check with the credit card issuer for the most up-to-date information before applying.
Find errors in the information for this credit card? Report this listing.